Sandra Byer-Lubin, MS, RD, CDE
Your Site for Nutrition Counseling
For appointments, call 609-275-6237, Fax: 609-275-0273, E-mail: SandiLubin
As a resource for my clients, I have created this site to help answer some of your questions. To contact me, use the phone number or email above.
I have a twenty-plus year career in nutrition counseling, specializing in diabetes, obesity and hyperlipidemia. I obtained Bachelor of Science (BS) and Master of Science (MS) degrees in Nutrition from Douglass College. I received my Dietetic Registration (RD) in 1985, and have been a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) since 1993.
I have worked extensively at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Joslin Center for Diabetes, and with numerous internal medicine, endocrinology and cardiology practices. I have taught classes, led programs and lectured on diabetes, cholesterol reduction, and weight management. I currently maintain a private nutrition practice, and consult for area physicians, and other health practitioners. I also work in the Diabetes Management Program at the University Medical Center at Princeton and at Robert Wood Johnson Hospital at Hamilton.
Using both an individualized and behavioral approach, I enable the patient to make long-term changes and maintain a positive attitude.
- Diet assessment and evaluation
- Learning the relationship of nutrition and specific foods to current medical problems
- Developing strategies and goals to improve health and problem management
- Individualized programs and meal plans for lifestyle, food preferences and needs
- Follow-up sessions to monitor progress and offer support and encouragement
- Programs do not involve the use of medications, megavitamins, fad diets or unproven therapies, or sale of supplements or other products.
Areas of Specialization
Diabetes Mellitus and Pre-Diabetes
- Insulin and non-insulin dependent
- Intensified insulin therapy, including Insulin Pumps
- Newly diagnosed diabetes
- Long-standing diabetics seeking better control
- Risk reduction for those with family histories or other risk factors
- (excluding anorexia and bulimia)
- Use of diet-based and non-diet approaches, emphasizing behavior modification
- Elevated cholesterol and/or triglycerides
- Blood pressure control
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Celiac disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Weight loss due to poor eating
Office Hours and Policies
Sessions are by appointment. Daytime hours and locations are determined by need. Evening and weekend hours may be accommodated.
- Payment is expected at the time of service
- Cash or check accepted
- I currently participate with Oxford Health Plans and Aetna/USHealthCare. If you have one of these plans, please inform me when making your appointment. You must secure and bring with you a referral from your physician. Understand that this does not guarantee that this service will be covered by your insurer. I will work with you to maximize the chance of coverage, but if your insurer does not pay, you are ultimately responsible for the bill.
Many other insurance companies and HMOs are beginning to cover nutrition services, especially for diabetes and certain other conditions. You should check with your insurance company to determine if this is a covered service for reimbursement purposes. You will be given a detailed receipt for insurance submission.
Hightstown Medical Associates
East Windsor Professional Park, Suite A
59 One Mile Road Extension
East Windsor, NJ 08520
Click for directions